Anelli Xavier Criminal Justice Scholarship
Anelli Xavier believes strongly in offering quality criminal defense representation to any citizen regardless of their socio-economic standing. Anelli Xavier also believes in offering opportunities in the legal field for law college students and newly admitted attorneys. Based on this desire to help the youngest generation, the firm is excited to offer an annual, $1,000 Anelli Xavier Criminal Justice Scholarship.
All applicants must be:
- Pursuing a degree in pre-law or paralegal studies, or;
- Working towards their J.D. in any criminal defense concentration.
All applicants for the Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must demonstrate plans to enroll for admission‚ or have proof of current full-time enrollment at an accredited institution. If you have not yet received your acceptance into college or law school‚ you may still apply‚ but the scholarship will not be released without proof of acceptance and enrollment.
- Your GPA must meet a minimum score of 3.0.
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by July 1, 2016. Please note: submissions can either be an essay or a video.
- Applicants must submit either a 1,000-word essay or YouTube video* responding to one of the following prompts (they will be judged on the best-reasoned response, not on the position of the applicant):
- Provide a well-reasoned argument about whether a specific policy in the criminal justice system (your choice) is unjust and requires reform, or is just and should stay the same.
- Provide a well-reasoned argument defending or critiquing the criminalization of drug possession in the United States.
- A valid transcript (high school or college) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA, and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
- Updated resume
*If submitting a YouTube video, please upload your video (example submission) and add the following note in your video: This video is a scholarship submission for the Anelli Xavier Social Justice Scholarship: http://www.anellixavier.com/scholarship.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
Our scholarship program is unique. Not only are we offering a cash award, we are also offering you an opportunity.
The student who is selected will be notified of their selection by September 1, 2016. The student will receive a $1,000 scholarship plus an opportunity for advancement. Depending on your education status, you will also be given an opportunity to interview for either an internship or a legal career with our firm. Our goal is to help you succeed in the legal field.
Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than July 1‚ 2016. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to our team at email@example.com. Emailed applications should contain the subject, “Anelli Xavier Scholarship 2016”.
Paper applications should be mailed to:
Attn: Criminal Justice Scholarship
269 West Jefferson Street, 2nd Floor
Syracuse, New York 13202
Before contacting us‚ please read through the questions below. If you have a question not covered, feel free to email your question to KVasquez@anellixavier.com‚ and someone will respond promptly.
HOW MAY THE SCHOLARSHIP BE USED?
The Anelli Xavier Criminal Justice Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1‚000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university or college to cover educational expenses.
HOW MANY STUDENTS CAN RECEIVE THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The Anelli Xavier Criminal Justice Scholarship will be awarded to one student who demonstrates academic excellence, achievement, and promise.
CAN I SUBMIT MY UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT?
Unfortunately‚ no. We require that submitted transcripts be official records from your school’s registrar’s office.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE BOTH PROOF OF ACCEPTANCE AND PROOF OF ENROLLMENT?
You will need to provide one or the other, depending on your grade level. If you are a senior in high school planning to attend college in the fall, proof of acceptance would be sufficient to demonstrate college or university enrollment for the fall semester of 2016.
For matriculating seniors‚ we may request proof of enrollment from your college’s registration prior to disbursing scholarship funds.
For all other applicants‚ proof of enrollment demonstrating you plan to be a full-time student for the fall 2016 semester is required. Failing to provide the necessary materials will disqualify your application.
WHAT CAN I USE AS PROOF OF ENROLLMENT?
Your school’s registrar’s office should be able to supply you with documentation of your enrollment. This document must come from the registrar. We are unable to accept print outs or digital versions of your class schedule.
DO I NEED TO BE IN LAW SCHOOL OR GOING TO LAW SCHOOL IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE?
The Anelli Xavier Criminal Justice Scholarship is available to any student pursuing a degree in the legal field. This includes law school‚ as well as those who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in pre-law or paralegal studies. If you have a question regarding the eligibility of your program, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Data Use Policy: Information gathered is used only to determine the authenticity of application materials and enrollment status. We (Anelli Xavier) do not disseminate this information to third parties nor do we consider submission of this information as tacit permission to receive future promotional materials from the law firm. The confidentiality of submitter information is maintained at all times. Application materials are destroyed after the evaluation process, during which our annual winner is chosen.